Sugarfoot Therapy is seeking dancers, dance teachers, and movement enthusiasts to bring this revolutionary training program to your own students and/or practice. Through our Teacher Training Seminars, we will provide you with the training and tools you need to implement our program with confidence and support. Seminars are led by Dr. Traci Ferguson, PT, DPT, Dr. Nick Cutri, PT, DPT, FAFS, and/or professional dancer and Sugarfoot Therapy creator Katie Schaar. There is limited capacity at each seminar. Participants are required to register in advance through the online registration system below.
The goal at the end of the 8 hour seminar is for each participant to have a solid and confident understanding of the thought process behind our program. With this understanding, they are able to immediately start using the many exercises we teach during the seminar…but furthermore, they are able to creatively apply our exercises to their own teaching and training practices. Participation in our seminars includes a 1 year subscription to our website, which includes hundreds of videos covering full workouts as well as individual exercises. After completing our seminar and gaining a solid understanding of our thought process, teachers are well prepared to navigate our website and utilize this tool so they can progress their training with Sugarfoot Therapy.
Sugarfoot Therapy is recognized by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as an Approved Continuing Education Provider.
Interested in hosting a seminar? Email us at email@example.com
What we will cover:
- The seminar will begin with a full-length class to introduce you to the program and give you a sense of pacing and flow when teaching our workouts and/or exercises
- An overview of the science behind the exercises
- Detailed review of the fundamental exercises of the Sugarfoot Therapy program, including how to set-up and cue the exercises and important things to watch for with your students
- Guidance on how to incorporate the program into your curriculum
Plus! Participants will receive:
- a one-year subscription to sugarfoottherapy.com, which includes our complete video library of fully-programmed workouts as well as individual exercises ($299 value)
- a Sugarfoot Therapy instructor handbook that includes notes on the science behind the program, detailed explanation of the fundamental exercises of the program, tips for cueing when teaching, and a guide to how you can use our website to continue progressing through our program with your students
- a Certificate of Participation
- 0.6 CEUs for NASM continuing education
- ongoing access to guidance from Sugarfoot Therapy creators
*Registration fee is non-refundable within 30 days of the event.
|Date & Time||Location||Price|
October 24, 2020
8am – 4pm Pacific Time
VIRTUAL via Zoom Meeting
Offering our same teacher training seminar virtually, during COVID-19 restrictions.
Course will be led by Dr. Traci Ferguson and Katie Schaar.
Please plan to have the following equipment:
– resistance band (MiniBand loops and/or Theraband)
– yoga mat
– tennis ball
(Swiss ball, foam roller, and weights not necessary, but if you have them we can use them!)